Heinani's Weblog ~ Zentangle and Cat's Cradle » Zentangle Inspired Art~a~Day 19

Tuesday, November 9, 2010



Journey with me as I wake up each morning to take a walk to a place in front of our house, where the ocean crashes upon the dark lava stone shore. On my walk I will find a leaf from the autograph tree found in Hawaii. I will greet Laka, the goddess of hula and of plants and with a chant, thank her for this gift from nature. When I return home I will continue this meditation by etching the leaf with a bamboo knitting needle. I will be asking for inspiration for a Whisper of Aloha as I create tangles or patterns on the leaf in Zentangle style. I will then breathe in the beauty of this symbol and send it out around the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are really nice!Wonderful way to start the day...especially as I look out in my yard to a frozen lake glissening with snow.